Children in Care
As stated in the ORS mission statement, ORS serves children and families by promoting independence through responsible parenthood and ensuring public funds are used appropriately. These services reduce the costs to public assistance programs.
One important way ORS accomplishes this mission is by providing services to reimburse the state for costs of supporting children placed in its care and/or custody. In accordance with Federal and state laws, rules, policies and procedures, the ORS Children in Care (CIC) teams locate parents, establish obligations for financial and medical support and enforce those obligations while a child is in state care.
- What to do when your child is placed in care - Parent's Procedures
- Frequently asked questions for Parents.
- Reviewing and adjusting child support amounts.
- Information for Employers: Information about the new National Medical Support Notice (this link takes you to the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement web site.)
- Information for DHS Caseworkers - Good Cause Deferral/Waiver.
- Information for DSPD Caseworkers - 24-Hour DSPD Community Placement Referral Form.
- New Information regarding Children in Care Policy.
- New Information regarding Community Placement Collections Policy.
ORS Now accepts credit card payments over the phone! For more information about credit card payments click here.